Automotive Masterpieces for 1000 FINARTE
January 31, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen start your engines! Automotive Masterpieces brings again the quality of historians and its expertise in the realization of the 1000 FINARTE auction, in its second consecutive year, which promises to be up to the record auction of 2018. The team of Automotive Masterpieces, leaded by Sandro Binelli, also head of the Automotive Department of FINARTE, is devoting its attention to historical and iconographic research for the auction.
1000 FINARTE will be back at the Museo Mille Miglia in Brescia on Monday, May 13, 2019. Finarte is to date the first Italian auction house in the automotive sector, in fact, in May 2018 has achieved three Fiat world records. The Automotive Department is organising a second cars’ auction, this May, again one day before the start of the Mille Miglia. Important lots have already been collected, and the department is continuing the research for consignments and is available for free and confidential valuations. Finarte decided to organise a second auction based on the concept of the great Brescian race. The bidding also includes a fantastic Fiat 8V that belonged to Emanuele Filiberto Nasi, nephew of Giovanni Agnelli. The car raced the 1957 Mille Miglia, and that is the oldest surviving 8V model. The auction will also feature a 1950 Cisitalia 202 B Berlinetta (Stabilimenti Farina), similar to the one permanently exhibited at the MoMA in New York.
The "top lot" currently to be auctioned on May 13th, 2019 are characterised by the concept of the world of the Mille Miglia:
- 1953 Fiat 8V (Carrozzerie Speciali Fiat), chassis no. 106.000008, engine no. CS042. The second produced, after six pre-series, of the entire Fiat 8V production. It’s the oldest surviving model with this type of bodywork. The car had been reserved to Emanuele Filiberto Nasi, president of Automobile Club Torino, nephew of Giovanni Agnelli and was ordered with out-of-series extras. The car participated to the 1957 Mille Miglia in the hands of Antonio Siddi, an athlete who won the bronze medal at the 1948 Olympic Games in London. For forty years in the same collection, it is a car that, due to its history and uniqueness, can be accepted at the Mille Miglia re-enactments. The car has an estimate of € 1,800,000 - 2,000,000.
- At auction, also a 1950 Cisitalia: A 202 B Berlinetta (Stabilimenti Farina), chassis no. 156 SC, one of the 153 Berlinetta built. It is a 100% Italian car, as it has travelled, in the history of its owners, part all over the Italian peninsula, then it remained in the same collection for 40 years. The car at auction is one of those assembled by the Stabilimenti Farina; the body shop by Giovan Battista's older brother, Giovanni Farina. It is an example of the B version, different from the previous one for the additional rear seat and other details. The Cisitalia 202 is the only car exhibited, since 1951, at the Museum of Modern Arts of New York. The car has an estimate of € 450,000 - 600,000.
- Among the lots, also a S.I.A.T.A. Daina, produced from 1950 to 1958. Extremely rare, due to the highly hand-crafted production, even more rare in this Motto bodied version. The car has an estimate of € 420,000 - 450,000.
Impressive lots for 1000 FINARTE, 2019 edition at the Museo Mille Miglia! The Automotive Department is evaluating prestigious proposals. Finarte's experts are available for free and confidential evaluations and to define the best sales strategy. Finarte also provides a Private Sales service in all the auction categories, including Automotive.
1953 Fiat 8V
- Coachbuilder: Carrozzerie Speciali Fiat
- Chassis n°: 106*000008*
- Engine n°: 000053
8th of all the Fiat 8V, the oldest surviving with this body. Out-of-series features for E. F. Nasi. It raced 1957 Mille Miglia with Siddi, bronze at 1948 Olympic Games.
1950 Cisitalia 202 B
- Coachbuilder: Stabilimenti Farina
- Chassis n°: 156 SC
- Engine n°: 281
Owned for 40 years by Adriano Cimarosti, renowned editor and author of books on motorsport history. Believed to be the last example built of the 202 B version.